Friday, February 8, 2008

Salumi in Seattle




On a recent trip to Seattle I had the opportunity to visit Mario Batali's parents Deli - Salumi.
I LOVE this place!!!
You have to be there 20 minutes before it opens to get a good spot in line. I was #2 and by the time I was done eating my sandwich and drinking my wine the line was around the block. Thats how good it is..cult-like.

Salumi is known for their homemade Artisan Cured meats. One on the greatest Sopressata and Salami Sandwiches of all time. (attached picture). Served simply with a garlicy butter spread and a pepper and onion mixture. HEAVEN

Other must try items are
-Coppa - marbled pork shoulder rubbed with chilis and spice and everything nice
- Lomo-which is a rubbed and air dried pork loin
and Guanciale which is pigs jowels (hog heaven, similar to bacon)

1 comment:

Mike said...

Next time I am in Seattle I am there...Looks killer!