Friday, November 2, 2007

Album Review: Indigenous - Long Way Home

Band: Indigenous
Album: Long Way Home

So…Indigenous. Chances are you haven’t yet heard of these cats-yet. I remember listening to them and writing the name of the band down a long time ago and forgot all about them until I heard this sweet song “Leaving” on of all thing the TV show “Deadliest Catch”.
They are a band of what I like to call “old souls” deep, complex but young and lively. With heavily driven guitar work these guys just sound familiar. The sound reminds me of a blend of Los Lobos, SRV, and Big Head Todd. When I lump these kinda people to gather I like to call them -Texas Blues. Smooth, deep, complex, close your eyes and just feel it music.
Their latest release “Long Way Home” has that tubey, blues guitar that I can’t get enough of. Make sure you listen to “Rest of My Days”, “Six Feet Down”, “Things We Do”
Additional listens must include; “Evolution Revolution” from the album Circle, and
“The Way You Shake” and “Leaving” off of Chasing the Sun.