Friday, July 27, 2007

The Red Baron





I ride a Red Catrike Expedition #70.
What a machine! I am the kind of geek that does TONS of background research on potential purchases. So based on a few hours (too many) of research I narrowed it down to Catrike Expedition and HP Scorpion. Being a former bike machanic, I had a short lists of must haves: awesome breaks, rims, crank, basically all the bells and whistles. Also little things like the frame design, etc.

When I seriously started to look for an Expedition to purchase the first bike shop to return my call was Amlings Cycles in Niles, IL. I searched all the bike shops in a 6 hour radis of Chicago. It was a long wait..long. But I could not be happier with Amlings Cycle and the quality and level of service.
www.amlingscycle.com or in Niles, IL

The trike got its namesake from the pedals I purchased the for my chopper bike, but after a winter ride gone bad and breaking my Sidi riding shoes I had to made some changes. At one time in my life I was into chrome and all things shinny!! But lately I am starting to dig more and more all things powder coated or just plain black. The "Rat Fink" chopper from Electra is to blame here.

www.electra.com

No comments: